Your Departure from Hurstone
We hope you have a really good stay at Hurstone and we hope you’ll come back again one day. It’s always useful to know what’s expected of you when you leave a holiday cottage so we’ve put together this brief guide about your departure from Hurstone. Really, it’s a case of ‘leave as you find’, with the obvious exceptions. The following are particularly helpful:
Please allow enough time to ensure that you vacate the house by 10am. We know this is rather early when there’s so much to do but we can’t make this any later as we have to get the house ready for the next guests, and it takes a long time. The cleaning team arrive prompt at 10am to start their day and work their magic. We’d advise being organised and getting things ready the night before so it’s not such a rush in the morning. Note that charges can be made for late checkout, though we hope we never need to do this.
- All rubbish and recycling should be left in the allocated bin area.
- All washing-up from your stay should be done and put away. We don’t mind if the dishwashers are on with your final load – that’s perfectly acceptable.
- All kitchen surfaces and the dining table should be clean.
- Any spillages made during your stay should be cleaned up.
- Have a final check all the rooms and the grounds to make sure you don’t leave anything behind.
- If you’ve moved any furniture during your stay, please return it to its original position (not including baby and toddler equipment).
- You don’t need to strip the beds.
- Any towels you've used can be left in the bathrooms.
- If you requested the tablecloth and napkins you will only need to wash them if you want to re-use them during your stay. When you leave these can be left in the utility area as they are sent to the laundry.
- If anything is damaged during your stay please, please let us know in the first instance. This is much better than not saying anything or leaving it til’ just before you leave as it gives us time to replace or fix things as necessary.
- If you feel there is anything missing from the house, or if anything isn't working properly please let us know as this kind of input is really helpful.
After your stay you'll be sent a link asking you for feedback about the property. It’s really helpful to us if you complete this as it helps us to know about any improvements we might need to make. Thank you.